Third-Party Data Processors
Although we try to minimize our reliance on third-parties who interact with your data, we do sometimes need to share it.
We share information with the following partners so they can process it for us:
- Cognito Forms: Information you provide when submitting certain forms.
- MaxMind: Your IP address, to retrieve your likely city and similar information.
- Fathom and Mixpanel: Information about you, your browser, and how you use our services, so that we can improve them.
If you register for and use a CodeDay Account, your data may be shared with:
- Auth0: Directory and profile information, as well as a hashed version of your password, and any data you provide directly.
- Google GSuite: Directory information when you register for a CodeDay account, as well as any data you provide directly.
If you make a purchase (or attempt to make a purchase), information will be transmitted to our payment gateway, Stripe, as well as to your card issuer or bank (where it will be used pursuant to your agreement with them).
Additionally, we may transmit technical information about your browser (such as an IP address and user agent) and anonymized identifiers to Stripe for the purpose of fraud detection.
When participating in our online events, you may be invited to use third party platforms to communicate with our staff, speakers, or other participants. We may share your name and email with these platforms to send an invite.
If you send or receive a call/chat/text/email, the contents of the message are shared with your provider, as well as one or more of our providers:
If you send us physical mail, we may request that the following services open, scan, and send us a PDF of your mail:
If you request that we ship you something, your name, phone number, address, and shipment details may be shared with:
Server Hosting Providers
We do not own our own datacenters. Instead, we rely on "cloud" and colocation providers for our services. Many network requests you make will be transmitted through our providers' networks, and data will be stored on their computers. Data protection agreements prevent these companies from using your data except as we direct them.
- Microsoft Azure
- Amazon Web Services
- Google Cloud
- Green House Data
- Papertrail (Solar Winds)
If you use services which are intended primarily for schools, parents, sponsors, volunteers, or partners, we share information with:
- Salesforce: Directory information and information about our interactions.
- Facebook: Unique device identifiers to help us remarket our ads.
- Twitter: Unique device identifiers to help us remarket our ads.
- Google: Unique device identifiers to help us remarket our ads.
Volunteer and Staff Services
- If you make CodeDay purchases, your directory information and purchase data may be processed by Divvy, Abacus, and/or NetSuite. If you choose to enable electronic reimbursements, Abacus will also collect your bank account information to process reimbursements.
- If you access the CodeDay wiki, your information may be shared with Notion.
- If you perform work for services, you may be asked to share your personal information with Gusto and Small Improvements.