How are projects judged?
Last updated Mar 11, 2022, 6:38 PM
Judges are asked to evaluate projects on the basis of, in order of importance:
- Difficulty: given what you knew going in, how hard did you have to work to create your project?
- Creativity: how original and fun is your project?
- Polish: this is the "anything else" category, and includes things like having great UI, a tutorial level, etc.
Judges do not consider:
- How technically difficult the project is in absolute terms.
- Business plans, marketing collateral, or a pitch deck (except as part of "polish").
When does judging happen?
Judges walk around at 9am, before presentations. At least one judge will try each project, and talk to the team. Deliberation happens during presentations, so please don't create a presentation: it will only bore your friends and family.