Will my students be safe at CodeDay?
Last updated Mar 27, 2020, 3:47 PM
CodeDay is very safe. In over 400 events attended by tens of thousands of students, we haven't had a single safety problem. Here's how we do so:
- Venues are generally locked down to ticketed attendees, except that family may attend kickoff (Saturday 11am-12:30pm) and presentations (Sunday 9am-12pm) when escorted by their student.
- Venues are locked down by either physical security, or by staff supervising entrances to the event area. In larger venues, the event area may be restricted to a specific area of the building to provide stronger supervision.
- Students are supervised throughout the event by trained staff.
- Students are required to check-out when leaving, even temporarily.
- Minors are not permitted to leave before the end of the event, except when accompanied by a parent or guardian, or when a parent or guardian sends the student with written permission.
- Students who are permitted to leave the event are given a special high-security wristband which makes it easy for our staff to identify them.