At CodeDay, student programmers and artists build cool apps & games. No experience is needed, and you can join alone or with friends.
CodeDay was a really fun experience, got to learn more about coding, increase experiment, meet new friends and more importantly, get to eat all you want!!!
—Eric Chan, Student
At CodeDay, students pitch ideas for apps or games, then work in teams to create their projects over a weekend. At the end, students present to judges.
Most students register with little-to-no interest in Computer Science, but 70% of these students continue coding for months after the event, 65% register for a CS class, and 48% pursue a CS major in college.
CodeDay events are run by our staff who complete our extensive Code Evangelist® training: the most in-depth training for helping students succeed workshops and mentoring.
The cost of CodeDay is only $7 per student, and free tickets are available for low-income areas.
- Participants must be between 12-25 years old, and a current student.
- Middle school students must be picked up between 8-10pm, and can return between 7-9am on Sunday.
- No experience is necessary!
CodeDay is a creative event which appeals to students from all backgrounds. In addition to CS students, we particularly encourage:
- Art students who are interested in game art or app design.
- Music students interested in scoring games.
- Acting students interested in voice-acting game characters.
- Writers interested in writing plots for games.
We strongly encourage teachers from non-CS fields to promote to your students. We will help them get started.