Code of Conduct
CodeDay is a fun community to be involved with. We make new friends, and build cool apps and games together, and have a lot of fun. To make it welcoming for as many people as possible, we need everyone's help.
Please be friendly and welcoming.
- Respect, encourage, and support others.
- Be humble, even when you're successful.
- Behave ethically and conduct yourself with pride.
- Don't use offensive language referring to people's gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, or disabilities. Don't use sexualized language or imagery.
- Don't “hit on” other attendees, even if you think the person is receptive.
Keep things safe and legal.
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others. Do not carry guns, knives, or other weapons. Deescalate conflicts when possible; get staff help when not.
- Abstain from using or being under the influence of alcohol, marijuana, illicit substances, and recreational drugs.
Community members may not harass others.
Harassment includes words or behavior which are intended to disparage, demean, mock, or
intimidate a person or group, and unwanted contact of a sexual nature. People who participate in harassment are not welcome in our community, even when this behavior takes place outside our events.
As a community member, you always have the right to feel welcome and safe. If you ever feel you are unwelcome, unsafe, or in a hostile environment, please let us know (even if you don't think it violates anything here). Anyone can make a report, even if you aren't involved.
We will take your report seriously.
If you report concerning behavior, at least two impartial staff will look into your complaint promptly. If you provide your contact info, we will do our best to keep you anonymous and provide you with updates.
If you have any concern about how we're looking into it, you'll have the ability to escalate. You will not face retaliation, even if your report involves staff or volunteers. Any attempt to retaliate will result in expulsion and a ban.
We can take immediate steps to make you feel safe and welcome.
If you're comfortable providing your contact information with your report, we can help you contact venue security or police, provide an escort, or otherwise arrange for you to feel more safe and welcome at the event. If you'd prefer, we can also arrange a refund and a ride home.
You can report a problem in many ways.
- in person: We train our staff to be able to deal with these sort of problems. You can talk to anyone with a red badge with a security holo seal.
- by phone: Call (888) 607-7763 extension 9999.
- by email: Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- online: Using this online form.
You might have additional rights under Title IX.
If you have an issue involving sexual harassment or sexual violence, and you attended with your school, attended an event hosted at a school, or had an issue with another student at your same school, you probably have a right to report the behavior to the school under Title IX.
We can help you make this report or you can find out who to contact by searching for "school name Title IX Coordinator."