What Is CodeDay?
CodeDay is a worldwide event where student programmers, artists, musicians, actors, and everyone else can get together and build apps & games for 24 hours. Students of all skill levels are welcome — we have workshops and mentors who can help if you're new!
At the beginning of CodeDay, everyone with an idea comes up and pitches it to the group. If you're on your own, or just without an idea, this is the time for you to find a team.
How It Works
Do I need to come with a team?
No! In fact, most people don't come with a team! At the beginning of the event, everyone will pitch ideas for what they want to build. You can form a team then.
What should I bring?
Bring your laptop and mouse. Food is included in your ticket. If you're planning on sleeping, bring a sleeping bag, pillow, and toothbrush. Desktop PCs and monitors are also allowed, although less common.
Can you tell me about CodeDay in the form of a song?
Yes! Here's a song from our friend Matt Farley:
What ages are allowed?
You must be in high school or college, and 25 or younger. Middle school students may attend until 8pm.
We'd like to attend as a school. Can we pay with a PO?
Yes, please visit our school registration page to submit your registration. We will follow up to complete the purchasing process.
- Want to know something else? Just ask:
Saturday, February 15
- 11:00am Doors open Please don't show up earlier, you'll be waiting outside!
- 11:30am Lunch All food is included with your ticket!
- 12:00pm Kickoff & Pitches Not sure what you want to work on? Our Code Evangelists will help you get some ideas and form a team.
- 12:30pm Beginner: Intro to coding Totally new to coding? No problem! Attend this workshop and our Code Evangelists will walk you through creating your first game.
- 12:30pm Start Coding! After forming teams, it's time to get to work on your project! Our Code Evangelists and other mentors will be helping teams throughout the event.
- 6:00pm Dinner All food is included with your ticket!
- 9:00pm CodeCup (presented by Splunk) Work with other attendees to make your city #1 worldwide!
- 10:00pm Younger Students Leave Middle school students (grades 6-8) should be picked up before the night portion of CodeDay.
- 11:00pm Global Game Tournament: Minecraft Hunger Games Compete against other CodeDay participants. The top three win a Kinesis Gaming Keyboard!
Sunday, February 16
- 12:00am Midnight Snack All food is included with your ticket!
- 7:00am Breakfast All food is included with your ticket!
- 7:00am Younger Students Return Middle school students (grades 6-8) are welcome back for presentations and judging!
- 8:00am Presentation sign-up The final few hours. Teams with something to show are encouraged to sign up to present at the end.
- 9:00am Judges arrive Judges will go around to demo the projects before the final presentations.
- 10:00am Presentations Everyone who created something during CodeDay is asked to give a brief presentation.
- 11:30am Awards Awards given for Top Overall, Best App, Best Game, and more.
- 12:00pm Clean-up Thank the venue for hosting CodeDay by helping clean up!